Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Next Project...

As you all know, there has been a lot of stuff going on with my folks. Things on the home front are still quite chaotic. So to distract myself, I've decided to go back to one of my favorite hobbies...MINIATURE GARDENING. The gardens I have done the past 2 years are doing pretty good...a bit overgrown...but still growing. I found a wonderful shop on Etsy that has some of the cutest miniature garden accents I have ever seen. Check out this adorable shop, www.etsy.com/shop/TheLittleHedgerow

These are the items I purchased that started my inspiration...


Aren't they the cutest??? Especially luv the hand painted signs...

So then I decided to buy some miniature plants from a site I had blogged about before but never got around to purchasing from. It's a wonderful site for all kinds of plants, especially the ever elusive true miniatures. Check out this fabulous shop www.violetbarn.com

So here's what I purchased...


Aren't they the smallest violets you've ever seen??? All of these plants are in little 2 inch pots. They will look fabulous in my new fairy garden along with the other flowering plants and all sorts of beautiful accents. Pics to come...

What have u all been up to???

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your miniature violets! Very cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and following. I am a new follower via bloglovin, pinterest, and GCF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess! Thanks so much for coming by and following. Can't wait to get those little buggers planted.

      Delete
  2. I remember the anticipation of your last post showing the mini gardens you had been working on. They were truly works of beautiful art! Something I couldn't do myself at all. That shop you mention has really cute stuff. Did you order anything from there?
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim. So nice to see you. The first 3 photos are the things I purchased from The Little Hedgerow and the last 2 photos are my purchases from the Violet Barn. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hey there Rosie! Thank you so much for your compliments on my blog...it's always a work in progress. Just went and followed you via GFC and g+ too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower from the blog hop. Thanks so much for popping by my site. I love the idea of miniature garden and those little accents are so cute!!!!

    www.barksblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jaime, thanks so much for stopping by. My poor little plants still haven't gotten planted. Gonna try to do this weekend.

    ReplyDelete